JHS Architects, PA, a dynamic, small full service architecture firm seeks candidate with a minimum of a BS Arch, BArch or MArch (or equal from accredited architecture school), and 5-8 years of experience in an architectural/ interiors/ planning or similar practice environment (applicants with other degrees, but with significant experience will be considered). Must have architecture license or working toward licensure.
The Senior Job Captain/Project Architect must be self-motivated and be capable of working independently. They must also be a collaborative leader, capable of engaging effectively with project teams, office staff, and firm partners, functioning effectively in a team environment. This is an outstanding opportunity to further develop skills and capabilities. Accordingly, the successful candidate will bring a strong working knowledge of drafting standards, and demonstrated experience with the assembly and production of construction documents for projects. Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining clear and effective communication between architects and consultants, and providing solid support of team leadership.
Job Captains must have strong design skills (or portfolio), excellent technical knowledge (or hands-on building experience), and excellent presentation experience in all phases of a project from pre-design to the preparation construction documents; quality assurance; and construction administration on large or small complex projects.
The candidate will be expected to work hard on rewarding projects to very high standards, to balance efforts between assisting project teams and providing technology support and training. The position requires expertise in design applications (software), a solid foundation in all phases of architectural practice, including collaborating with peers, consulting with principals to determine the design and implementation of projects, budgeting, RFPs, construction observation, site inspections, monitoring safety, ensuring compliance of building codes, accessibility standards and oversee a small but versatile team engaged in multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to manage project completion deadlines.
Ability to appear in person for an initial interview is required.
Specific project-related responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Continuous Quality Assurance with project teams to maintain document quality, adherence to office drafting information standards, and continuity of information across multiple applications.
- Coordination and implementation of effective information transfer and workflows between project teams and external consultants.
General technical support responsibilities include:
- Assist in coordination throughout the firm with regard to office standards and practices.
- Assist troubleshooting and resolving computer and application issues (Macs and PCs) with technical support for drafting staff, principals, and staff’s software applications.
- The ability to provide a moderate level of support for the Microsoft Windows/Office desktop and Adobe products, along with an aptitude for PC and/or Mac support and network basics.
- General setup, configuration, and customization of standard design and production applications.
- Demonstrated experience supporting Archicad, and a general aptitude and comfort level with training and technical support, both one-on-one and in group class settings.
- Training of teams and individuals within the office in the fundamental operation of standard design applications. Organize and present continuing educational workshops with drafting staff.
- In liaison with the partners there will be opportunities to work on firm design technology efforts, review, select, and implement new versions of software and develop customized solutions as required.
Education & Skills
Qualified candidates will have:
- High-level of proficiency in CAD drafting in an architectural production environment, including the ability to administer, install, configure, and set up the application. AutoCAD, Revit, or Proficiency in BIM software, a strong working knowledge of Archicad experience preferred.
- The ability to learn and transition between multiple applications within our design technology suite, including Archicad, AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX Design, Sketch Up, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat and other Microsoft Office applications.
- A minimum of a BS Arch, BArch or MArch (or equal from accredited architecture school), and 5-8 years’ experience in an architectural/ interiors/ planning or similar practice environment (applicants with other degrees, but with significant experience will be considered).
- Must have architecture license or working toward licensure.
Ideal candidates will also have:
- A general familiarity with design visualization and environmental analysis applications.
- LEED Accreditation helpful, but not required.
- Having a working knowledge in additional applications for energy modeling and analysis, and/or rendering.
About JHS Architects, PA
JHS Architects, PA takes pride in our place as leaders in our region and have established a strong reputation for producing quality construction documents. We provide expertise spanning various market sectors including transportation, mixed-use, commercial and civic development along with institutional experience in higher education, and healthcare. JHS Architects, PA is an equal opportunity employer and provides a competitive salary commensurate with experience for our area.